1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory limit problem w/Compaq D510c Evo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GerryH, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GerryH

GerryH Banned Thread Starter

My PC (oem) specs say the D510c will take (up2) 2_gigs of DDR PC-2100 RAM, 184pin. Mine will not see or recognize more than 1.5_gigs.?. Any clues tech guys?

1. I've looked @ BIOS settings but nothing jumps out at me.
    2. Can't find a M.board layout diagram, (incase manual jumper settings are req.). And,
    3. Might the D510c req. some propritary kind of memory???

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Are the sticks double sided or single sided? They need to be double sided for the board to use the full 2GB capacity, high density single sided sticks will result in less usable memory.

3. GerryH

GerryH Banned Thread Starter

Are the sticks double sided or single sided? They need to be double sided for the board to use the full 2GB capacity, high density single sided sticks will result in less usable memory.

Certainly. All are double sided sticks, (1gig ea.) Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/933629