1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory Location of temp. Files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Mo'Nujoi, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mo'Nujoi

Mo'Nujoi Thread Starter

I have a Inspirion E1505, I use OS XP, & I use Sonic to copy CD's & DVD's. Recently I have noticed that the Temp. file that is used to store the file on my computer is eating up my hard drive space. I hv located the Cache file the C Drive & the size is too small. I have a 100 GB drive & now I am down to 9 GB! Please Help.

2. stantley

stantley

In Windows Explorer go to Tools > Folder Options > View, select 'Show hidden files and folders'. Your temp files should be in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp. See what files you have in there. If you're not in the middle of running something, you can probably delete everything in there. Let us know what you find.

3. Mo'Nujoi

Mo'Nujoi Thread Starter

DID WHAT YOU SUGGESTED AND I STILL DO NOT SEE WHERE THE STORED VIDEOS ARE ON MY HARD DRIVE.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The free application WinDirStat allows you to browse any disk with folder sizes and find out what files are taking up space.

5. Mo'Nujoi

Mo'Nujoi Thread Starter

Thank You, It Worked!!!!! :d I Have Over 50 GB On My HD Now! Would You Be Able To Tell Me How To Prevent This From Happening? I Want My Computer To Automatically Delete Stored Video Files Like It Did Before. Thanks!

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

That would depend on the applications involved in the video processing.

7. Mo'Nujoi

Mo'Nujoi Thread Starter

I am using Sonic 7.0. I uninstalled the program & reinstalled it, still no luck :confused: I have to go into that WinDir program each time to delete the stored videos. What's your take on this?

8. stantley

stantley

Where are the files located and what are some of the filenames?

9. Mo'Nujoi

Mo'Nujoi Thread Starter

They are being stored in My documents, under Sonic, the file name RN! I am not at the computer right now. I will give you a better name later.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!