Memory Location of temp. Files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mo'Nujoi

I have a Inspirion E1505, I use OS XP, & I use Sonic to copy CD's & DVD's. Recently I have noticed that the Temp. file that is used to store the file on my computer is eating up my hard drive space. I hv located the Cache file the C Drive & the size is too small. I have a 100 GB drive & now I am down to 9 GB! Please Help.

In Windows Explorer go to Tools > Folder Options > View, select 'Show hidden files and folders'. Your temp files should be in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp. See what files you have in there. If you're not in the middle of running something, you can probably delete everything in there. Let us know what you find.

Mo'Nujoi

DID WHAT YOU SUGGESTED AND I STILL DO NOT SEE WHERE THE STORED VIDEOS ARE ON MY HARD DRIVE.

stantley said:
In Windows Explorer go to Tools > Folder Options > View, select 'Show hidden files and folders'. Your temp files should be in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp. See what files you have in there. If you're not in the middle of running something, you can probably delete everything in there. Let us know what you find.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The free application WinDirStat allows you to browse any disk with folder sizes and find out what files are taking up space.

Mo'Nujoi

Thank You, It Worked!!!!! :d I Have Over 50 GB On My HD Now! Would You Be Able To Tell Me How To Prevent This From Happening? I Want My Computer To Automatically Delete Stored Video Files Like It Did Before. Thanks!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
That would depend on the applications involved in the video processing.

Mo'Nujoi

I am using Sonic 7.0. I uninstalled the program & reinstalled it, still no luck :confused: I have to go into that WinDir program each time to delete the stored videos. What's your take on this?

Mo'Nujoi

They are being stored in My documents, under Sonic, the file name RN! I am not at the computer right now. I will give you a better name later.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online