1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

memory needed but unsure

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cubbycuddly, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubbycuddly

cubbycuddly Thread Starter

Hi,

i need to upgrade my memory. I know that i already have SDRAM installed. Is this all you need to know when purchasing more?

In case not, I have copied and pasted the details of my computer, hoping that someone can advise me about what kind of memory i need to go out and buy.

Thanks in advance.

cubbycuddly

System Alphacode Search

Alpha Code U117 System Name Studio Writer
    Description U117 STUDIO WRITER

Processor Athlon 800 Memory 128MB SDRAM
    Cache 0K Graphics INTEL 4XAGP GRAPHICS
    Mainboard MS-6340 KM Case MICRO ATX TOWER
    I/O PCI IDE (ENHANCED) PSU Delta DPS-145PB-111 A Rev00
    FDD A 1.44MB FDD B NONE
    HDD 1 30GB HDD 2 NONE
    Comms 56K Modem-CNR

Restore Pack Restore Pack 1: V1.4 ME Extras CD

Addition Tiny Extras CD V1.5 Addition DVD Rom 6x
    Addition CDRW Addition Onboard Wavetable 32

comments

2. brianF

brianF

This should be what you need

SDRAM, PC133 • CL=2 • Unbuffered • Non-parity • 7.5ns • 3.3V

You can check using www.crucial.com configurator, although there are about 5 different motherboards with that number they looked like they all used the above, the last configuration info on the above is missing as that changes with the size of the chip you but

3. TOGG

TOGG

cubbycuddly,

You can find out just about everything about the software and hardware on your comp using a utility called AIDA32;

http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

The version you need, if you decided to try it, is 3.20 released last month (not the recently released 'preview' version which, I think, means its beta).
    It's freeware and quite easy to use.

Because its only reading fixed product identity details it should not amend any files or settings but, as with any program, read all the details before you try and use it. Be particularly careful with the Report function because if you elected to go for a print out you could get dozens of pages its so detailed!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112332

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice