memory needed but unsure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cubbycuddly

Hi,

i need to upgrade my memory. I know that i already have SDRAM installed. Is this all you need to know when purchasing more?

In case not, I have copied and pasted the details of my computer, hoping that someone can advise me about what kind of memory i need to go out and buy.

Thanks in advance.

cubbycuddly

System Alphacode Search

Alpha Code U117 System Name Studio Writer
Description U117 STUDIO WRITER

Processor Athlon 800 Memory 128MB SDRAM
Cache 0K Graphics INTEL 4XAGP GRAPHICS
Mainboard MS-6340 KM Case MICRO ATX TOWER
I/O PCI IDE (ENHANCED) PSU Delta DPS-145PB-111 A Rev00
FDD A 1.44MB FDD B NONE
HDD 1 30GB HDD 2 NONE
Comms 56K Modem-CNR

Restore Pack Restore Pack 1: V1.4 ME Extras CD

Addition Tiny Extras CD V1.5 Addition DVD Rom 6x
Addition CDRW Addition Onboard Wavetable 32

comments

This should be what you need

SDRAM, PC133 • CL=2 • Unbuffered • Non-parity • 7.5ns • 3.3V

You can check using www.crucial.com configurator, although there are about 5 different motherboards with that number they looked like they all used the above, the last configuration info on the above is missing as that changes with the size of the chip you but

cubbycuddly,

You can find out just about everything about the software and hardware on your comp using a utility called AIDA32;

http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

The version you need, if you decided to try it, is 3.20 released last month (not the recently released 'preview' version which, I think, means its beta).
It's freeware and quite easy to use.

Because its only reading fixed product identity details it should not amend any files or settings but, as with any program, read all the details before you try and use it. Be particularly careful with the Report function because if you elected to go for a print out you could get dozens of pages its so detailed!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts