memory on laptop not qutie as it seems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

techbud86

im running a laptop with "512" of ram but its only reading 448. i ran belarc advisor and it told me that both slots have 256 of memory in them, so doing the math...it seems like 64mb of ram are either dead or just not working. any thoughts before i bring it back to the shop?

techbud86 said:
im running a laptop with "512" of ram but its only reading 448. i ran belarc advisor and it told me that both slots have 256 of memory in them, so doing the math...it seems like 64mb of ram are either dead or just not working. any thoughts before i bring it back to the shop?
Let me guess, you have 64mb dedicated to onboard video?

techbud86

ahhh see thats what i thought...but my onboard vc sucks...i just installed the drivers for it and it only goes to 1024x768. thats seems a little low for a presario 2500...becase the one i had before went WAY higher..i think im etting jiped

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
If the screen is full at 1024x768 that is the max you can get (unless you want to start scrolling).

LCD screens on laptops are digitally mapped to the physical pixels in the panel, in your case 1024 x 768 pixels.

Setting the display higher cannot magically replace the screen with one of higher resolution, its a physical limit of the screen construction.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online