1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory prob w/ HP pav 7935

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nightcrwlr, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nightcrwlr

nightcrwlr Thread Starter

My dad's HP pavilion 7935 wouldn't start this morning and gave me a bunch of beeps, after not finding anything on the HP website I called their customer service # and was told it was a memory problem. after removing the 2 128MB sticks I replaced them with 2 64MB sticks (just temporary till I get to the store).
    This gave a new & improved error beep (another mem prob) so I removed one stick. the beeps stopped but now it gets stuck in a loop b/w the HP invent (blue startup screen) and the Windows XP loading screen. I AM REALLY CONFUSED NOW!!!! please, please, please, someone know what to do

HP Pavilion 7935
    1.3 GHz AMD Athlon
    256MB reduced to 64MB
    :confused: :( :confused:

2. dai

dai

the beep codes tell you what is wrong to see what they are saying go to
    www.bioscentral.com

3. nightcrwlr

I checked the beep codes on the HP website.
    I am no longer getting the beeps (aside from the normal single beep) the problem is the computer getting stuck in the loop.

4. dai

dai

turn off the auto reboot so that it comes up with the reason for it happening

5. nightcrwlr

How would I do that? I didn't see an option under setup or the windows booting options

6. dai

dai

control panel/system/advanced/startup and recovery/settings
    untick auto reboot

7. nightcrwlr

The OS wont load, when i turn the computer on, I get the blue HP startup screen, then it goes the loading windows xp screen. it then resets and goes back to the blue HP screen.
    I have tried booting in safe mode, step by step mode, even last known good configuration, but the same thing happens no matter what.

8. dai

dai

reset the cmos look in your manual to see where the jumpers are or remove the cmos battery for 10 min and then go into the bios and reset it to default

9. nightcrwlr

That got it.
    Thank You for your help, Dai.
    I may have to do this again when I replace the memory, but now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

This website RULES!!!!!

10. dai

dai

the next time it stops it will show the reason writ it down and post it,then restart manally.
    you could do a repair if you have futher problems

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168293

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice