1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory problem and crashing. Please help

Discussion in 'Games' started by Harle, Jul 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harle

Harle Thread Starter

Hey there!

I have a bit of a problem and I don't even know where the problem is coming from.
    So what happened is i bought a new graphics card lately because the old one was kind of dying. However since I installed this one I'm having some troubles with my PC.
    -My games and programs are closing suddenly on their own without any error message whatsoever
    -Can't open more than 2 chrome tabs at one sometimes, other times I can but eventually they crash and I have to reload them
    -Reloading them may result in the whole chrome crashing or the whole pc freezing up
    -I have gotten some error messages randomly when programs close, such as "not enough video memory" and another one with long numbers in it like 00000 something but unfortunately I don't have a screenshot about it
    -I got blue screen once but I don't know if it is related or not

I have tried to reinstall my drivers, windows 10 was installed maybe a week before the new card so it was pretty fresh. I also installed CCcleaner and tried to clear up the computer a bit just in case. I tried to tweak some settings according to some google findings but nothing helps.
    I don't know much about computers sadly so I'm really in trouble

My pc according to sysinfo:
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8133 Mb
    Graphics Card: Radeon RX 570 Series, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 390 GB (194 GB Free); D: 540 GB (539 GB Free); E: 931 GB (577 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., B85M-GAMER
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

If you could help that would be awesome!

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

That CPU has integrated video
    https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...5-4440-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-30-ghz.html
    Intel HD 4600 graphics

I take it you are connected to the card and NOT to the integrated graphics
    The reason I ask is that the message - not enough video memory may suggest you are using the integrated graphics.
    https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/B85MGAMER/specifications/
    If you are connected onboard graphics then you will be using one of these connections
    Back I/O Ports
    1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple)
    1 x PS/2 mouse (green)
    1 x D-Sub
    1 x HDMI

1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
    2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1
    2 x USB 2.0
    1 x 8-channel Audio I/O

whereas the card of course will not be on the I/O plate

What was the old card - that was kind of dying and of course it could be that it was no the card but the motherboard or other problem - apart from the actual card

Have you uninstalled from settings all drivers for the old card before installing the ones for the 570
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-7-1

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice