Memory problem-Newbie

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

akimatsu

Hi, I own an IBM T41p. This computer has a 50 GB harddisk space. Recently, I've installed a lot of my programs and my C drive (the system files drive) is almost out of space. There is 600 MB left in it. However, I have 40 GB more on my D drive (the data drive where i store all my files). I was wondering if there is any way I could transfer some of the memory-say 20 GB on to my C Drive. Although they show as two seperate drives they are all in one hard drive so it should just be a matter of changing the proportion of the harddisk right? :confused: I am aware that there is a program that lets me do it but i don't want to spend the money for a one-time thing. Is there anything equipped on Windows XP Proffess. that lets me to that?

thx

Doing this will only work if C and D are on the same physical drive. If one is a USB drive or something this won't work.

No Windows XP does not have anything built in by itself.

You can get free ones (search through these posts to try and find something if you want -http://forums.techguy.org/search.php?searchid=25905 ) but you can buy one with rebate for like 10$'s

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4037142?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Remember ANY time you resize a partition you have a chance for data loss so ensure you do a backup first.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online