Memory Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Italianman91

I recently bought 2x256 mb PC100 SD-Ram, I instaled them and it would not boot.. i took 1 stick out and booted and it worked.. and vic versa to test the other stick. I do not know why this is happening, i have a Asus MEW-AW, Intel Celeron 1.1ghz,250watt psu...could it be not enough power to all components?

it depends on what components are connected to your system = how much power do you need to run your system
maybe a bad stick of memory maybe a bad slot . ( it happens )
check your PSU here
http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/
bottom of page select your processor then select the components that your machine has
hope this helps
cheers

If you tested both sticks if ram independently and they work then I would say it's a bad memory slot. Do you only have 2 slots?

Italianman91

yes i do

both are working correctly i test both independently im doing the test now it says i need a 350 watt...but would that make it work?

YES m8 it would .. under a load your PSU is failing .. im sure of it .. try 1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online