1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gabbyrn, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gabbyrn

gabbyrn Thread Starter

I am building a small machine for my grandson,not very big at this time,I have fitted a QDI Winnex 3E Mobo with a 667 slot I processor and a 64 mb pc100 memory chip, All goes well on the first boot but if I reboot, I get a Long beep indicating a ram problem I have to switch it off to start it again , but the problem still remains,can you give me some ideas.
    Many Thanks
    Gabby

2. jamescricket

jamescricket

http://www.motherboard.cz/mb/qdi/WinneX 3E.htm

dunno, looks like your RAM might not be supported, but again, "Im no expert"

though Id try pushing the ram into the slot real good, I had a problem putting ram in the DMII slot on my old board, I had to push till my fingers hurt to get it to stop beeping, and start booting

3. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Looks like the RAM should be fine. Might try a different slot on the mobo for the RAM.

4. ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

Is there a jumper on the motherboard to select RAM speed?
    Also try resetting the BIOS and make sure the RAM is seated correctly.
    Have you tried a different module?

5. Anon23

Anon23

6. gabbyrn

gabbyrn Thread Starter

Thanks All,I had thought it may be the module but I only had one of that type,I tried Ebay over here to get another but it got lost in the post,I will try again,could anyone find out if is ECC or Non ECC.
    Gabby

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice