Memory problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gabbyrn

I am building a small machine for my grandson,not very big at this time,I have fitted a QDI Winnex 3E Mobo with a 667 slot I processor and a 64 mb pc100 memory chip, All goes well on the first boot but if I reboot, I get a Long beep indicating a ram problem I have to switch it off to start it again , but the problem still remains,can you give me some ideas.
Many Thanks
Gabby

Is there a jumper on the motherboard to select RAM speed?
Also try resetting the BIOS and make sure the RAM is seated correctly.
Have you tried a different module?

gabbyrn

Thanks All,I had thought it may be the module but I only had one of that type,I tried Ebay over here to get another but it got lost in the post,I will try again,could anyone find out if is ECC or Non ECC.
Gabby

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online