Memory Problems on James Bond and Stronghold 2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Vroom

I recently purchased Stronghold 2, as I'm a big fan of Crusader. I installed it, and it's been working fine, but I recently encountered a problem where it kicks me out of the game and I get a message saying that I've used up the amount of RAM available and that Windows is updating the memory file to allow for more memory (which doesn't make any sense to me). Recently, I got a similar memory problem while playing James bond Nightfire, although I didn't get a error message, just a little icon telling me that the CPU was working at around 10%. Can anyone tell me more about this problem? I have 512 MB RAM, and I meet the maximum requirements for both games (even so, I always play on the lower settings).

-Vroom

PS Is this referred to as a "memory leak"? I've heard that term before, but I've no idea what it is.

It could be a memory leak in either one of those games, or more likely something in the background is using memory or has a mem leak.

Would suggest having a look at your processes (in task manager) before running one of the games, then if u get the same message have another look at the processes and see if u can spot what might be causing it.

Might be worth seeing if there are any patches for those game though just to make sure its not hte games themselves.

Oh and of course, check your system for any spyware/viruses.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online