Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

memory/ram question

796 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Macboatmaster 
#1 ·
I have copied and pasted the info below but my question is, is this a small amount of ram and hard drive memory? I am having trouble even just playing slither.io. I have deleted everything down to the bare minimum to be able to use it without lag. what can I do? to be able to use this for games and not have a terrible lag. I don't know much about computers but this one wasn't exactly cheap. please help. and its not really old, I mean about 3 years since I purchased.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200316164330.000000-240
Processor: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 48 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 919 GB (891 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 03PYWR, ver A00, s/n 22KN872.CN7016371400IU.
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n 22KN872
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
#4 ·
Your Cpu also provides the Graphics and that is probably why you are seeing at least part of the lag, the graphics performance in not very good.

I believe your computer is an All-In-One (AIO) which means you probably can't fit a separate graphics card unfortunately.

This is the support webpage for your particular computer :- https://www.dell.com/support/home/u.../0-UkNUZWRIY0crZGVNZ1ZISW9XVEk1UT090/drivers#

#5 ·
1. You say
I am having trouble even just playing slither.io. I have deleted everything down to the bare minimum to be able to use it without lag. what can I do? to be able to use this for games and not have a terrible lag
2. That AIO Inspiron 3455, will never be a fast machine - as far as performance is concerned
The CPU, which as my colleague has said, also provides the integrated graphics and those use system ram. They do not have their own ram
At the time of your posting you can see they are showing 1024MB -

3. However the main reason it will never be a high performance speed etc is because the CPU
the AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics

is as you can see here
Frequency ? 2200 MHz
Maximum turbo frequency 2500 MHz
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Puma/AMD-A8-Series A8-7410.html

of relatively slow frequency - that is the speed at which it processes data - (in simple terms)

4. You will notice on the link that the CPU is what is known as Ball Grid Array, that means it is in fact a chip soldered to the system board - it cannot be changed.
as indeed neither can the graphics as they are integrated in the CPU

5. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but have a look at the first bar chart on this link
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A8-7410+APU&id=2537

6. Returning to your post and my quote of part of it above

7. Have you not noticed this lag before
8. Did it ever play games to your satisfaction
9. I know that the system spec says Windows Defender but what AV is in use.
10. Does the computer perform EXCEPT for the gaming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.