1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory stick not working.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KIKKAMIN, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KIKKAMIN

KIKKAMIN Thread Starter

Dear Members,

I went to Finland, Helsinki during the Christmas break and purchased a mobile broadband Pay As You Go Dongle from a local department store. I could not make it work while I was staying in Helsinki and I do not understand why.

Here are the details of my computer OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Media Center Edition, Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

Here are the requirements of the dongle: Windows 2000 SP4, XP SP2 or Vista. Screen: 800x600 and USB 2.0.

I thought that I was ok when I looked at them before I purchased the dongle. I tested the dongle in the shop using their computer and the dongle worked fine. But the mobile broadband Pay As You Go dongle does not work with my computer and I do not know why.

Can someone help me please. Thank you.
    Kristina:eek:

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Your memory requirements are dictated by your main board. Check your main board manual or your computer manufacturer's web site for specifications and compare that to the specifications of your memory stick.

3. KIKKAMIN

KIKKAMIN Thread Starter

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your rapid reply. I believe I have made a mistake when I wrote about a memory stick. I think it might called a Mobile Broadband.

The make and model is Huawei Mobile Connect E160E HSDPA USB stick and I purchased it in order to have an Internet Access.

Kind regards,
    Kristina

4. bp936

bp936

is it memory for inside the computer then check out what Alex said,
    or is it a USB plugin memory stick, then can you see it in Explorer, format it in your computer.

5. KIKKAMIN

KIKKAMIN Thread Starter

It is about mobile Internet access using a dongle. I do not know why it did not work while I was staying in Helsinki.

Kristina:confused:

6. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

You might better repost your question with a correct title. I don't think this title is going to get the kind of attention you need.

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

Please read the directions that came with the dongle. I'm sure it cannot just connect absolutely anywhere you are located on the face of the Earth.

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

That led to the OP's getting 2 more threads closed for double-posting.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!