1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory Stick.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by X Zero, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. X Zero

X Zero Thread Starter

Hi all.I got a 128mbPC133 memory stick for x-mas.But the problem is, I have a PC2100 model.I was wondering if it will still work.I put it in but nothing is changed except that AIDA recognizes it as an extra memory.Can i manke it work or should i try and see if the manufacturer will exchange it??..Thank you

2. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

Since PC133 is SLOWER than PC2100(DDR266), IF the stick DOES work, ALL your system memory will run at the SLOWER speed. Your mobo would have to accept PC133 and PC2100(DDR266) for the 133 to work to begin with. Send it back in exchange for PC2100.

3. X Zero

X Zero Thread Starter

damn ..thats what i thought..Thank you.now I gotta shell out an extra 100$ to exchnge it..Thats what i call a gift that keeps on taking.:(

4. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

You can drive down to the States and buy it, then go back cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. X Zero

X Zero Thread Starter

thats where my g/f got this one ...but she doesnt have the receipt anymore so i gotta go thru the manufacturer:mad:

6. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

Is the $100 diff just for the upgrade to the faster stick or does that include shipping/handling/restocking fees also? What brand is it?

7. comaparadigm

comaparadigm

i had the same problem, one stick was PC2100 and another was PC2700. luckly i had my receipt :D

8. X Zero

X Zero Thread Starter

well the PC 133 was 90$,but PC2100 is 190$ ..i dont know about the shipping fees.The brand is Centon 128MBPC133

9. Saint Anger

Saint Anger

10. X Zero

X Zero Thread Starter

Ebay.. thats a good idea ..too bad i dont know how to use it ..never sold anything on there

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/191067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice