1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

memory test at startup!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bunga63, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunga63

bunga63 Thread Starter

I need help again!!!

I've recently put together a computer and the memory test doesnt seem to be working properly. At startup, it will just repeat over and over and over going thru all 512MB of ram. I'd sit back and watch the numbers climb SLOWLY up to 512MB of ram and then start back over at 0. Aside from that, everything seems to work okay. I usually have to press ESC to cancel the memory test.

What gives?!

I also wonder if this could be related to my new system's low benchmark scores. This is a :

AMD XP2000+
    512MB PC3200 DDR ram
    Asus A7V8X-X mobo
    128MB Gainward GE Force FX 5200 video card
    60GB Maxtor 8mb buffer Hard drive

The low benchmark scores are from FutureMark's 3DMark 03 gamers benchmark program. I scored under 1000!!! Even my older computer scored better than that. The sound test didnt even work. UGH!

Any ideas would be appreciated folks.

Happy computing....

2. dai

dai

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!