1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory Test

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by depawl, Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. depawl

depawl Thread Starter

I'm upgrading a system for a friend - FIC VA-503+ MB w/AMD K6-2/550, Award BIOS w/the VIA chipset. whenever it boots up it runs a memory test 3 times, then proceeds normally. Other than this, everything seems to run fine. It's a 128 meg IBM SDRAM chip, and I've tried it in both ram slots, no difference.
    Any one have any idea what's going on?
    Is this anything to be concerned about?
    Thanks.

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Nothing worthy of concern. It is a setting in the BIOS. I think you need to enable fast post (not really sure) to have it count only once.

3. Phil C.

Phil C.

some bios will do that. most of the time pushing the esc key will stop the test. nothing to worry about.

4. rugrat

rugrat

I have a couple of FIC boards, go into BIOS, BIOS features setup, and enable quick power up self test.

This should take care of it. Not really a problem, just slows down the boot sequence.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61998

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice