1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory Tester did not start

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by LauraMJ, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator Thread Starter

I downloaded a memory tester from the Microsoft site, created a floppy disc as instructed, and had it in the floppy drive upon start up, but nothing happened. It never started, the computer just loaded as usual to the desktop and sat there.

Does anyone know why the memory tester would not start when I turned the computer on?

Thanks!

2. dai

dai

have you set the computer to boot from floppy first in the bios

3. LauraMJ

Hmmm....no, I did nothing like that. I don't even know how to get INTO the BIOS. :confused:

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

you probably need to set the boot sequence in the BIOS to load from the floppy drive first.

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

(missed the boat on that one, too slow of a typer I guess) To access most computers BIOS you press the delete key when you first tuen it on but some computers use the F1 key. (F10 if its a compaq presario) Within the BIOS you will find a setting for the boot sequence, adjust it do boot from drive A first and drive C second or after

6. LauraMJ

Thank you!

I will try that and then try to run the memory tester again.

I appreciate the help :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219991

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice