Memory Tester did not start

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LauraMJ

Administrator
I downloaded a memory tester from the Microsoft site, created a floppy disc as instructed, and had it in the floppy drive upon start up, but nothing happened. It never started, the computer just loaded as usual to the desktop and sat there.

Does anyone know why the memory tester would not start when I turned the computer on?

Thanks!

dai

have you set the computer to boot from floppy first in the bios

LauraMJ

Administrator
Hmmm....no, I did nothing like that. I don't even know how to get INTO the BIOS. :confused:

(missed the boat on that one, too slow of a typer I guess) To access most computers BIOS you press the delete key when you first tuen it on but some computers use the F1 key. (F10 if its a compaq presario) Within the BIOS you will find a setting for the boot sequence, adjust it do boot from drive A first and drive C second or after

LauraMJ

Administrator
Thank you!

I will try that and then try to run the memory tester again.

I appreciate the help :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online