1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory timing on overclocking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigelf72, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigelf72

bigelf72 Thread Starter

I have a good system but i want to make it even better. I have very efficient cooling, so im not worried. I want to overclock but i dont understand memory timings. Could someone please help me

System Specs:
    -AMD AthlonXP [email protected] (Stock,not overclocked but capable of 2.4gig Clock Speed w/ air cooling and 3.2gigs w/ water cooling)
    -ASUS A7N8X 2.0 Motherboard
    -pc3200 512 MB Dual Channel DDR Memory (2x256mb)
    -ASUS Radeon 9800XT
    -Thermalright SP-97 Heatpipe/heatsink combo cpu cooler(w/ arctic silver 5)and a Vantec Tornado Sunon 92x92x38mm fan w/ 119cfm.
    -True 350 Watt Power Supply
    -2 Western Digital 40 Gig Hard Drives @7200rpm w/ 8mb Buffer
    -54X32X54 CD-R/RW
    -16X DVD/CD Drive
    -Sony 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive
    -3x Blue UV Reactive 80mm Fans
    -6" UV Cold Cathode
    -UV Reactive Braided SATA Cables for Harddrive and Floppy Drive

I understand that different motherboards offer different overclocking abilities, so if your familiar with overclocking an Athlon xp2500+ on an ASUS a7n8x mobo please help me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/234851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice