1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory trouble

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maswad, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maswad

maswad Thread Starter

When I try to open the paint program on my windows 98Se it tell me can not open not enough resources to close some programs and try again
    I have 384 MB of ram and the system in a 4.2 gig system
    and there is nothing running to shut down
    please help

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Resources is nothing to do with the amount of memory.

There are a finite number of "heaps" (pointers in a table) for resources in Windows 9x.
    When they are all allocated, you have a resource issue.
    Some software does not correctly release them when a program closes.

Also if programs get corrupt they can report resource limitations, even when the resource table is free.

3. maswad

maswad Thread Starter

Well maybe there is a Way I can just reload the paint program from my windows 98SE CD and fix the problem if you think it is corrupt program ?
    how would i do this

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272290

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice