1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory Upgrade

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by JTM, Dec 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JTM

JTM Thread Starter

Hello, I have been low on system recources, so I thought to get some more memory. I found this good deal online: http://www.buybuddy.com/sleuth/8/1/11003/6956/100/ Would that be a good memory upgrade for a HP Pavilion 6630? According to the MSRP the sale price is real good, I mean real good!

Oh, If you could go visit www.bunkerwarshq.com and tell me here what you think of it.

2. brianF

brianF

wrong memory, thats a rdimm for a p4.

try this one, for a pavilion 6630 from crucial, HERE

If that's the wrong machine post back or go to www.crucial.com and use the configurator on the page to get the exact memory for your machine.

3. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

4. JTM

JTM Thread Starter

5. brianF

brianF

as long as your motherboard will support pc133 which I don't know for sure. Some do, some don't Your system uses pc100

Also I beleive crucial's memory to be superior to pny

6. JTM

JTM Thread Starter

It's all good, Buest Buy installs it for free, so they can mess it up :D

7. brianF

brianF

Okay, do they give insurance on upgrades. Don't know how many people have posted about problems related to best buy installations

My opinion

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62638

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice