1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ulysses55, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ulysses55

ulysses55 Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
    I am looking at upgrading my ram. I am looking at a total of 4 gb and either 1333, 1600, 1800 or 2000mhz. Here is my current Pc specs...

Antec 900 case
    Gigabyte s775 GA-EP45T-UD3LR core 2 motherboard
    Intel s775 core 2 Quad core Q9400
    Kingston 2gb ddr3 1333 1 stick
    Antec 1000watt Psu
    Geforce 8800 Video Card
    Win xp Pro
    2x sata hd

I can add another stick 2gb of 1333 ram for $29, but can I go faster? Would it be worth the extra cash for some more speed? Will I cause any bottle necks with faster Ram for my system?

Also the Kingston and Corsair Ram from the Pc Net store where I get my parts from has different model numbers from the Official list that Gigabyte has for my motherboard...is that a problem?

Also I'm guessing my motherboard only supports dual channel and not tripple channel memory?

Cheers

Uly

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972565

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice