Memory usage by Style XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

soldier

I'm not sure if this is in the right section but here goes:

This isn't really a problem but just a simple question.

I was just wondering if I installed some themes using StyleXP would that make my computer slower?
I'm running Windows Xp with 256 RAM, P3 866, 32MB video RAM.
Approximately how much memory will it take up?
Thanx in advance.

I run Style XP on 3 machines and have never noticed a performance problem or change when it was running. My task manager shows a steady 688k of memory usage.

soldier

Wow ty for the quick replies.
I'm gonna give the program a try.
Although you'd expect some kind of slow down since all those themes are really graphics intensive.

Another question: If I dont install Style XP but patch the file UXTHEME.DLL instead, would that take less resources?

Yet another question: Does the program Desktop X take up a lot of resources. How about ObjectDock ?
Thanx for your replies.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts