1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

memory violations....

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by webzter, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. webzter

webzter Thread Starter

Hi;

I'm working with a new pc utilizing windows 98SE business ed....may or may not be a matter of "administrative" protocol, but it seems where i could otherwise go to just about any area i'd want in conventional W98,
    i'm now being stopped by...."WINDOWS VIOLATION OCCURING IN KERNAL 32 ((numeric value)"....ie, trying to get into "ms config " for instance- is this a security matter or am i dealing with a tech issue of some sort?

Many thanks for any and all assits!
    webz

2. SexyTech

SexyTech

If you boot into "Safe Mode", will MSCONFIG run?

3. webzter

webzter Thread Starter

good idea- worked for me yesterday re a different app- i'll try it again with ms config- thanks!

4. webzter

webzter Thread Starter

nope.... received the same error message as before re...

"memory violation occured at module kernal32"......

????

5. webzter

webzter Thread Starter

THIS MEM VIOLATION ISSUE SEEMS TO PREMEPTING ANY ATTEMPT TO INSTALL SECURITY PROGRAMS, IE MCAFEE FIREWALL....

...."A MEMORY VIOLATION HAS OCCURED IN MODULE
    KERNAL 32 " .....

COULDNT COMPLETE INSTALLATION DUE TO THIS ERROR MESSAGE'S INTERFERENCE- IS THIS A HACKER-INSTALLED PROGRAM OR SOMETHING OR A SECURITY ASPECT OF THE PROGRAM (SOME SECURITY!)......H E L P ! ! !

MAYBE I SHOULD DO A HIJACKTHIS SCAN???

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167311

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice