memory

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lovsk8in247

i need help.. im tryin' to get my computer to run faster is memory the way i should go to help that

if soo i need help finding some because i don't know if i can get it just any where like best buy? or if i have to go though DELL?

windows XP Home
Version 2002
Sevice Pack 1
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz
1.79GHz
256MB of RAM

More ram will help, winXP runs much better at 512mb or more. Also cleaning out all your temporary file, internet cache, defragging your HD. Also scan for spyware, adware, viruses and repair what you find.
IMO one of the best places to buy ram is Crucial (www.crucial.com) they also have a program where you can look up your computer and it will tell you want ram to use.

lovsk8in247

ok i figured it out now i need to know how many to buy?
do i just buy one 256MB?
or two

lovsk8in247

im not suppost to replace the old one though right i just leave the old one in and put the new one next to it

make sure you ground yourself before messing around inside the case and the ram just touch the bare metal of the case first that should discharge any static electricity.
i just barfed a motherboard supposedly through static discharge.
don't know for sure . better safe than sorry.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online