Memory

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

n00bie n00b

I have a Tyan Thunder k8we MB (s2895) with 1gb of reg. ecc (2x512mb).

I just bought one 512mb stick (also reg. ecc).

Can I just stick this 512mb in the mb with the other 1gb (hence 1.5gb)
or do I have to wait to buy another 512mb to put them in together.

Thank you for your time in answering my stupid question.

Excuse my english, it's not my first language.

Evidently you do not need to install in pairs, but each processor uses a different memory bank. Also it is dual channel capable, so you will not be using this feature if you install an odd stick.

Wellcome to the forum, WOW what a motherboard!!
I have just been reading the specs for this motherboard and it supports up to 9 gig of dual ram. If the ram is set up as dual you will need to add ram in pairs.

pugmug

Banned
I read 8gig but I may be wrong. The problem is it will not run in dual channel with that much gig.

Yea got that a bit wrong not sure where I got that from this is what it actually says.

Total eight DDR DIMM sockets (four per CPU). Supports up to 16GB of Registered DDR. Supports ECC with CHIPKILL Technology. Supports DDR 400 / 333 / 266 memory.

n00bie n00b

Yes,... it does support 16gb (in 2gb sticks).

Again guy's, thank's for your input and help!

duō xiè,
Alex Chen

**** that boards a monster lol 16gigs of ram hell that be one hella game server.

i have that board in my other pc same exact one been in use for like 4 years no problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts