1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

memory

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by liverpool1954, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. liverpool1954

liverpool1954 Thread Starter

:mad:I HAVE A TOSHIBA SATERLLITE S1800-314 MODEL NO PS183E ,I HAVE TRIED TO INSTALL A MEMORY UPGRADE BUT ALL I GET IS BEEPS IVE UPDATED MY BIOS SO ITS NOT THAT CAN AANYBODY HELP,PLEASE(y)

2. techychick

techychick

Are you positive the memory you purchased is the correct type? Are you adding more memory to what you already have or have you installed brand new memory? Does the laptop work with the previous memory, if so then the "new" memory could be faulty

3. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

According to one of the memory sites I found, this machine can take a max of 512K (2x256K) of PC100 144-pin SODIMM SDRAM. Your upgrade has to match these specs.

I couldn't find a BIOS upgrade on the Toshiba site, did the upgrade indicate that it would up the RAM capacity?

MBN

4. liverpool1954

liverpool1954 Thread Starter

I AM REPLACING OLD MEMORY WITH NEW ALL I GET IS A FEW BEEPPS,HAVE BEEN ON TOSHIBA SITE AND PUT NEW BIOS ON LAPTOP THAT DID NOT WORK ANY IDEAS(y)

5. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Guess I'll try again: are you sure you bought the right memory?

How much did you have before this, and in what combination) and how are you replacing?

Give us some specifics and we'll try to help. Usually the beeping means there is a problem with the type of RAM you installed.

MBN

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The memory is either the wrong type or it's defective. Verify it's the correct type, and if it is, return it for a replacement.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759715

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice