Memory_Management BSOD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MajorModeler

I keep getting BSOD with the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error cause notes, occasionally it will show BAD_POOL_HEADER.
I have run MemCheck86, ver 4.0 for hours at a time, and it does not show any errors.
I do have some .dmp and .xml files for the crashes. How do I read them to determine the cause of the problem? I have run virus checks and malware scans, and have not found anything. I have also run System Information in the safe mode right after the BSOD, and after the next normal boot.
I am running Windows 7, 64 bit.
Thanks

Try running the system with only one RAM stick fitted, if the problem persists swap the sticks so you test the PC with every stick individually. You may find you only get errors on one of the sticks.

You can attach your minidumps for analysis as follows:

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in Windows Explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.
Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less then just zip up what you have).
NOTE To zip up a file in Windows (all versions). Right-click the file or folder, click on Send To, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder and save it to your desktop.
Open Windows Explorer, click on Desktop in the left column so you can see the zip file. In the left column click on C: > Windows > Minidump and then drag & drop any additional .dmp files into the zip folder.

• Below the Message Box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a new window opens.
• Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.
• Now click on the Upload button. When done, click on the Close this window button at the bottom of the page.
• Enter your message-text in the message box, then click on Submit Message/Reply.

A quick look at the minidumps shows four of them state "Memory Management" so the answer to your question is "yes".

Memory diagnostics do not always find an error, even when there is one, so the best test is to run the PC on one stick at a time. If the errors still occur with each stick then you can be certain it is due to other causes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online