MemoryQuestion

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AntonABC

My motherboard specifies memories of 66 and 100 Mhz.
What happens if I were to use a memory of 133 MHz ?

Thanks

AntonABC

Triple6

First Name
Rob
Several possibilites:

1). It won't work at all.
2). It will work but be unstable and cause crashes.
3). It'll work perfectly.

And that goes for just using PC133 alone and for mixing and matches PC133 and PC100/PC66. Using PC133 alone offers a better chance for it working perfectly then mixing it. Many PC133 sticks are of higher density and use a slightly different manufacturing process that sometimes makes them incompatible with older memory and motherboards. But unless you try you won't know. If possible get PC100 RAM.

i have tried it before on a 300MHz pc that i brought for $15

depending on the ram, it will just run at the pc 100 speed instead of pc 133.

i used PNY brand ram.

most RAM will do this. just don't buy a brand called centon

i tried it, it worked good for about a week then it stopped working, the pc only picked up 16MB out of 256 which is bad.

they offer no support.

people have to stop getting 3 and 4 year old kids to make ram

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online