1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mercury MB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JohnJ, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JohnJ

JohnJ Thread Starter

Does anyone know where I can get information for a Mercury G-810 MB??. It came with an HP computer. I checked their website but it did not provide any specs for the MB. I tried doing a search for Mercury MB's but did not really find anything.

2. roosterman

roosterman

3. JohnJ

JohnJ Thread Starter

Ya, I tried that. It gave me a list of all the components in the computer. From that I know it's a Mercury G-810 MB. It will not however (at least I can't find it) show me the specs of the MB.
    The Model type is:: HP Pavilion 6653C
    The system # is:: D9943A

4. roosterman

roosterman

JohnJ:

I couldn't find anything on your motherboard anywhere on the HP site or anywhere else.

Sorry, I couldn't help anymore.

Maybe someone else here has another idea.

5. TOGG

TOGG

JohnJ,

There is a free utility called AIDA32 which might help you get more information about your motherboard. Look here;

http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

Its up to you, if you decide to try it, whether you use the recent 'preview' version or the one released on 13/12/2002 (the one I've got). I have assumed that preview might mean beta and so had the older v 3.20 (I had v 3.10 before and have not had any problems).

If Aida can identify your motherboard fully it will probably provide a link to the makers website.

6. JohnJ

JohnJ Thread Starter

Thanks for trying anyways RoosterMan!

Togg,
    I have downloaded AIDA32. I'll try that soon as I get the chance. Hopefully it will work!.

Thanks

7. buckaroo

buckaroo

If you can't find anything on it, it may be because of this: Sometimes the big name brand pc's have a mobo that is modified just for them by the mobo manufacturer. It may be similar to, but not quite the same, as the mobo available directly by the mobo manufacturer.

8. JohnJ

JohnJ Thread Starter

AIDA32 worked.....and then some. I'm going to hang onto this utility! Seems it has a lot to offer.

Thanks to all for your help!!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice