1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Merging Favorites

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by slambos5000, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slambos5000

slambos5000 Thread Starter

Hi Everybody

I have two lap top computers I do not want them on a net work.

On each computer I have Favorites some are duplicated and over time I will place a site the one computer I am working on, but meaning to put it also on the other, however I have never have gotten around to it.

I was wondering – is there a way I can export both of the Favorites into one file without duplications?

I have gotten suggestions from “so called experts” to use a flash drive, export all to two separate files in word then merge them together, plus other ideas.

Any suggestions, ideas, instructions etc would be appreciated

Thank You

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

In addition to those suggested by Elvandil you could look at Xmarks (backup & sync). I've used it across XP, Vista and Ubuntu with a mixture of IE and FF. Also, it is freeware.

http://www.xmarks.com/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025742

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice