1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

merging of due dates from excel 2003 to outlook calendar

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Asif79, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Asif79

Asif79 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I am beginner in excel and have used it only for creating tables etc. but never used it details like using macros. I need your help in merging due dates frome excel 2003 to outlook. details are as under;

I have a worksheet with some internal office circulars / procedures record i.e. type of circular, date of issue, circular no., issuing department, issuing person and review date. I am responsible to inform the issuing department that a review date of the circular is just reaching preferrably 15 days before. This is a large database and this is one of my assignments. so I can't do it by checking excel sheet everyday. I want to auto update my outlook calendar from review date column less 15 days. Or can excel sen a message to outlook regarding this particularly without opening that excel sheet?

2. Rockn

Rockn

You can't do anything unless Excel is running. The macro has to run from some app that is running.

3. Asif79

Asif79 Thread Starter

Ok but how?

4. Rockn

Rockn

Are you wanting to set a reminder or something else in Outlook? Look up Office 200x Outlook automation on Google. It can be done with VBA, but it would have to loop through every cell in your spreadsheet and fire off a reminder to Outlook. It would be slow and clunky and probably use up all of your system resources. You might be better off creating an Access database that you can run reports from on a daily or weekly basis to tell you when something is coming due.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice