1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Merging Outlook profiles

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by theMusicMan, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theMusicMan

theMusicMan Thread Starter

Is this possible...?

I have two MS Outlook profiles on 1 laptop. One of them is my personal account, the other is an email account one of my clients has provided so that when I am at their offices and connected to their network, I can retrieve my email from their exchange server.

However, I have items in the Client calendar that I wan merged into my personal calendar when I am not at the client site.

Is there a way to merge the entries in profile #2 into profile #1?

Ta

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi theMusicMan

First, start Outlook with the client e-mail account and locate the directory where the .pst file is stored for that profile.
    Right click on the Root/Top folder of the Personal Folders.
    Properties for "Name of Personal Folder" > Advanced button
    In the Filename: field, you can view the location and .pst file name of the Personal Folder.

Logoff and restart Outlook with your Personal Profile, and open the .pst file for the other e-mail account.
    File > Open > Outlook Data File
    Browse to the location of the .pst file for the client e-mail account.
    Select the .pst file and it should appear in your Personal Profile.

Open the Calendar folder, for the newly connected Personal Folder and change the view to By Category:
    View > Arrange By > Current View > By Category
    **If you cannot see the Calendar for the Personal Folder,
    Go > Folder List

Viewing your Appointments by Category, select an Appointment, hold down the Ctrl key and drag the appointment to the destination Calendar folder.
    On my system, I must hold down the Ctrl key to actually Copy the appointment. Otherwise, the appointment is moved instead.

There are other options you may want to consider, such as creating a copy of the client e-mail .pst file and keeping it in your Personal Profile instead.
    Which is not to say you can't keep the original client e-mail .pst connected to both your Personal Profile as well as the client Profile.
    Outlook is flexible. :)

**A copy of your .pst files on a CD or Flashdrive would be good for backing up your messages and appointments.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535831