Merijn - StartupList v2 Released

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
I didn't find this in Search, so I apologize if it has already been posted.

Essentially, everything you wanted to know about what is starting, but were afraid to ask!

"The new version shows a ton of new autostart locations in a nice treeview, along with help text for each section. The right-click menu of each item offers options to show the file or Registry key, or copy the information to the clipboard.
A very special thanks to TonyKlein for his Collection of Autostart Locations, and Andrew 'SilentRunners' Aronoff's list of launch points.

Note that this new version requires the MSCOMCTL.OCX file, which is available from SpywareInfo here. "
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/

It takes a very long time to scan and hangs up at the hosts file and then at the Trusted sites and Restricted sites. It a Not responding but if I just wait it will finish.
I then did a save report on the one scan that I disable the hosts file and that took almost 30 min's to make the report.
Also after I close it each time it never closed down because I dad a CAD and it was still running.

Some other at another forum say it hangs on them too.

I did did on 98SE

I will say it took forever to scan and even longer to save a report of the scan but it does till you a lot.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online