1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

message board statisics-big-boards

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by hewee, Apr 28, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. hewee

hewee Thread Starter

Is message board statisics from big-boards something new here?
    I see the links and the webbug.

Attached Files:

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
  3. hewee

hewee Thread Starter

What it took me that long? :(
    Well it was the loading of the main and seeing it at the bottom where it should say " Document: Done " on netscape that got my eye.

4. hewee

hewee Thread Starter

I see I can click on that little arrow too and it takes me to stats page you post the link to Mike.

5. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Yuppers... You can see our big members drop after the upgrade. I hope they'll give some more interesting stats in a few weeks. :)

6. hewee

hewee Thread Starter

I seen to big gap and was thinking it was because of the upgrade down time and less people you had after you was back up. I knew you had less here after the upgrade but it is picking back up. :)

7. oscar51

oscar51

One unintended thing those big-boards' stats show is how a simple curve-fitting routine is affected by data that contain a hugh discontinuity. In fact, no one should try to fit a line to data like those, but I suspose that big-boards' charts are all generated automatically with little effort to footnote obvious irregularities. That spike will eventually move off the charts to the left as "time marches on". BTW: Whatever happened to vBStats?

8. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    vbStats died with vb3... It was taking a lot of resources, too. I might look into a new version, though. It was pretty neat...

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224522

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice