1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Message Stuck in Outlook outbox - crashes every time!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Claire123, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Claire123

Claire123 Thread Starter

Hi there,

I tried to send an email that was far too big, and now it is stuck in my Outlook outbox. I've searched similar problems and have found many suggestions to clear it, but my problem is that the very second I open Outlook it crashes and I can do nothing with it but ctrl-alt-del & kill it!

So I can't access any menus to clear it, or put it offline - HELP!

I downloaded MDBVU32.EXE from a Microsoft site but it looks too scary for me to attempt to use that - I don't really know what I'm doing there and I don't want to wreck it completely.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :p

2. inetbogey

inetbogey

did you,......... right click on the outlook icon. then left click properties. then highlight the e-mail name and click the properties button. then click the connection tab. bullet the "i establish my internet connection manually" then boot into safe mode and try to open outlook. if it opens then go to the out box and delete the e-mail or move it to another folder.

3. Claire123

Claire123 Thread Starter

When I open the properties there are no emails listed there, there are 4 tabs at the top - General, Version, Compatibility and Summary, and I can't see anything on these.

4. inetbogey

inetbogey

OK, maybe i should have asked what ver of office/ outlook you have and what OS.

5. Claire123

Claire123 Thread Starter

I am using Windows XP but can't actually see what version of Outlook it is. I think it might be 2000?

6. inetbogey

inetbogey

is outlook part of an office suite or stand alone?
    when you right click the icon and then left click Properties, do you get this window?

7. inetbogey

inetbogey

I don't know why i can not see the attachment???????
    can you?

8. Claire123

Claire123 Thread Starter

No I don't see it either sorry!

9. inetbogey

inetbogey

did i do it right??
    OK this is what i wanted to post.

Attached Files:

10. inetbogey

inetbogey

i think you want to do this in safe mode.

11. Claire123

Claire123 Thread Starter

No I don't get that properties box. Do you mean I have to right click on the Outlook properties while I am in safe mode? How do I do that?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice