Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messed up my raid 0 now 1 of the hard drives shows up

476 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Teluge 
#1 ·
so i screwed the pooch on my raid 0 i forget whether i set it up in bios or software. Now only one of the hard disks shows up in the uefi or disk management. i tried switching out the sata port these are 2 2tb seagate barracudas i also run a intel 660p 2tb m.2 as my boot drive.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200825185058.000000-360
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 32 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Hard Drives: C: 1907 GB (379 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME Z270-A, ver Rev 1.xx, s/n 170604059100317
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

#3 ·
I'd love to start over, however without any help what you're suggesting would include buying a new hard drive because out of the current 2 only one shows up in bios or disk management. This happened after i dissolved one of the disks from the array via disk management. So im guessing that means i originally did my raid 0 from bios. I'm not interested in the data, i'd just like to be able to use my hard drive again. I find it hard to believe that screwing a raid 0 would break a hard drive even when the platters are still moving and what not.

#7 ·
Pull the disks and test them in another system or using an external dock.

Have you verified the power and data cable connections (both ends)? Try moving the drive cables to different ports? Connecting the "bad" drive using the good drive cable and power?

You could also restore the BIOS back to factory default, save and exit, then reenter the BIOS and make the appropriate changes for your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.