1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Messed up network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lojo5612, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lojo5612

lojo5612 Thread Starter

I had my home network set up and then made several changes to my computers and now I have them all messed up. They are hard wired together(just two of them) and they show up on both computers, but they refuse to recognise each other. I am afraid that I have screwed up on the set ups.
    Can I delete both computers of the networks and start over?
    Both are running Win98.
    Thanks for the help and any instructions on setting them up again.
    lojo5612

2. yellow_grrl

yellow_grrl

if you want to remove them from a LAN u made, you need to simply just temporarily uninstall your network cards, which will result in the icons disappearing. then you can simply set up your new LAN, after "reinstalling" the cards. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167943

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice