1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Messenger Problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Edwardo Bear, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Edwardo Bear

Edwardo Bear Thread Starter

Hi There, I have just created a hotmail account.
    I had to create the account on my nephew's pc as I was unable to sign in via hotmail or messenger on MY pc.
    I am unable to connect to messenger or Hotmail accounts from MY OWN pc, if I sign in from another pc its fine.
    If I TRY to sign in to Hotmail on MY pc I just get re-directed to a search engine, and if I try to sign in to Messenger on MY pc I get an error message telling me that the password and sign in name are incorrect, I know they are ok of course because I can sign in via another pc.
    I have tried temporarily disabling my firewall and anti virus software but this does not correct the problem.
    Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Regards......Ted

2. Mr. PC Doc

Mr. PC Doc

3. Edwardo Bear

Yes I have tried signing in to hotmail.com but as I say it will not work on MY pc, on another its fine.
    My main problem though is that I cant sign in to Messenger.

Cheers......Ted

4. Miz

Miz

The statement "get redirected to a search engine" indicates it all may be due to spyware. Scanning for and removing spyware is a good idea anyway and it may solve the problem.

If you haven't already, dwnload, install, immediately update and then run Spybot and/or Ad-Aware. Read the help files to familiarize yourself with how they work. I recommend you use them both since each tends to find things the other misses. Let them clean up any spyware found.

Then, to be doubly sure, download and run CWShredder.

5. Edwardo Bear

Yep already done all that, still no good.
    Its a really strange problem thats driving me mad !

Cheers......Ted

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217319

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice