1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Messenger Video with Linksys Router

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Old Rich, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Old Rich

Old Rich Thread Starter

Using Windows XP Home with a Linksys BEFSR41R Router to access DSL. I have a friend who successfully does this all the time so I have a good test source. When either of us initaites a video session between the two of us, the session is ended with a statment that "a problem occured"

Linksys has been no help at all . . in four calls I never get the same tech, never seem to get one who has worked this issue before. I have updated to latest firmware. They have had me assign a ip to the pc, trigger ports, forward ports, and nothing seems to work.

When I look at her router (same as mine) settings, no ports are forwarded or triggered. and she has not assigned an IP to her pc. Yet it works with several of her friends.

Has anyone been sucessful using Messenger for voice and video session?

wrs

2. Dan O

Dan O

3. Mtn-Billy

Mtn-Billy

simpswr,
    Even with the Linksys updated fimware for the UPnP I still can not connect for voice and video. And this seems to be a problem with many.

It did enable me to send a file transfer on windows messenger. But when I try and connect for voice, I will catch about 3 seconds of the person on the other end, then BOOM it cuts the connection. Same with webcam connection.

I blame it on MS and say "pppppffffttttt" and use another IM if I want to voice.

Billygirl ;)

4. Old Rich

Old Rich Thread Starter

Really strange . . I tried the Logitech IM video Companion and it works fine . . wonder what XP IM does so differently than the Logitech product?

O well . . .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice