Messenger Video with Linksys Router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Old Rich

Using Windows XP Home with a Linksys BEFSR41R Router to access DSL. I have a friend who successfully does this all the time so I have a good test source. When either of us initaites a video session between the two of us, the session is ended with a statment that "a problem occured"

Linksys has been no help at all . . in four calls I never get the same tech, never seem to get one who has worked this issue before. I have updated to latest firmware. They have had me assign a ip to the pc, trigger ports, forward ports, and nothing seems to work.

When I look at her router (same as mine) settings, no ports are forwarded or triggered. and she has not assigned an IP to her pc. Yet it works with several of her friends.

Has anyone been sucessful using Messenger for voice and video session?

wrs

simpswr,
Even with the Linksys updated fimware for the UPnP I still can not connect for voice and video. And this seems to be a problem with many.

It did enable me to send a file transfer on windows messenger. But when I try and connect for voice, I will catch about 3 seconds of the person on the other end, then BOOM it cuts the connection. Same with webcam connection.

I blame it on MS and say "pppppffffttttt" and use another IM if I want to voice.

Billygirl ;)

Old Rich

Really strange . . I tried the Logitech IM video Companion and it works fine . . wonder what XP IM does so differently than the Logitech product?

O well . . .

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online