1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

meta data changing on its own.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by kanadesaga, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanadesaga

kanadesaga Thread Starter

I produce several radio programs. I have two music libraries on two separate external hard drives. a 1T Toshiba and a WD My Book 3T, roughly about 800 G on each of music files. I bought a new HP slimeline before Christmas and when I connected the hard drives to the new computer I hard an access issue with the 3T drive. (I posted it here) It was an sharing/access thing. That was resolved. However, all the metadata on my music files was changed. All titles, artists, years track # was erased and the Album titles were all changed to "Now, That's What I Call Christmas Music". But it gets stranger. In the course of replacing the missing and incorrect metadata (Since xmas) I have discovered that now the other hard drive music data is changing. Not all of it like the other drive, but perhaps on song in an album or one album among many of an artist. and yes the new changes are still "Now That's What I Call Christmas Music".

Any ideas?

Cue Twilight Zone theme

2. kanadesaga

kanadesaga Thread Starter

Nobody has any ideas?

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What "meta data" is being changed and how are you seeing this change?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice