meta data changing on its own.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kanadesaga

I produce several radio programs. I have two music libraries on two separate external hard drives. a 1T Toshiba and a WD My Book 3T, roughly about 800 G on each of music files. I bought a new HP slimeline before Christmas and when I connected the hard drives to the new computer I hard an access issue with the 3T drive. (I posted it here) It was an sharing/access thing. That was resolved. However, all the metadata on my music files was changed. All titles, artists, years track # was erased and the Album titles were all changed to "Now, That's What I Call Christmas Music". But it gets stranger. In the course of replacing the missing and incorrect metadata (Since xmas) I have discovered that now the other hard drive music data is changing. Not all of it like the other drive, but perhaps on song in an album or one album among many of an artist. and yes the new changes are still "Now That's What I Call Christmas Music".

Any ideas?

Cue Twilight Zone theme

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What "meta data" is being changed and how are you seeing this change?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online