Meta tags....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
M

maxximilian

Hi gang,

I am trying to refine the meta tags for my site. Kinda a stupid question here, but should I have spaces bwteen the words along with the commas?

For example, a section of my meta tags reads like this:

philosophy,humanities,discussion,forums,art,music,writing

Should it read like this, with spaces, for search engines to read:

philosophy, humanities, discussion, forums, art, music, writing

Also....should my meta name description also contain the same words as are listed in the tags?

Thanks. :)

No question is stupid if you don't know the answere. I would suggest:

philosophy,humanities,discussion,forums,art,music,writing

Sometimes using spaces, i'v found it will show up as

example text art (there's two spaces)

M

maxximilian

Thanks suzi....for both the link and the compliment. :)

I am hoping to boost traffic to all my sites through better meta tags and such. Seems more art than science. ;)

I think you are right about it being more art than science. I don't have any meta tags, and I know I should, but I have some google rankings in the top 4 or 5 for some search phrases. (not to brag) :cool:

I've read a lot of things saying it's the content of your pages and use of keywords in your text that's important and the number of sites linking to yours that help boost the search engine ratings.

Good luck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts