Metal Gear Solid 2 for pc graphics problem...Again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hairybusdriver2

Hello, everybody,

I originally had a problem with this game because it would not load any textures whatsoever, so everything was just an outline of what it was supposed to be. I fixed the problem by turning down the texture detail to almost low. The game now displays textures but it won't display any particle effects or water which is really annoying, plus light rendering isn't working properly either. Supposably MGS2 has a problem with pixel shaders and in order to fix those specific graphics problems you need to disable pixel shaders on your GPU. They suggested using riva tuner, but that was made for Nvidia Cards and I don't know if it will work on Intel onboard graphics.

A lot of people have had this problem, particularly those with Nvidia cards (sometimes ATI as well). However Konami released a patch to fix the graphics issues for ATI only. However I am using Intels onboard graphics, and I have no idea how to even begin fixing the problem outside of buying a new computer (which I am tempted to do). Some people have suggested editing the .exe files with a hex editor and replacing some details to try to make it work but I don't know what I am doing and I would probably screw it up. anyways, if you guys have any suggestion please let me know thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online