Metal Gear Solid 2 PC Platform

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RSM123

Picked this game up for $15 and installed it ok. After the opening sequence has completed, a loading screen appears instructing you to 'Press the start button'. Sure enough when you hit 'Return' you go to the 'Options' screen for 'New Game' / 'Settings' etc. However hitting any of the 5 option in the menu - and you get booted back the loading screen with the 'Press start ..'

This happens over and over. Have tried other keys but cannot get into the game.

There are no errors per se - its not a driver or DirectX issue.

The only patches released are for errors related to Radeon Cards - which does not apply to me.

No other faults that I can determine.

Can anyone shed any light on what I may have missed here ?

Have a good week all.

Richard.

RSM123

Hi McTimson.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes running XP.

Tried Compatability Mode as with other games in the past purely on the off chance alas without success.

Its strange that the game loads without any hint of a problem, no lock ups, BSOD, just this endless menu loop :rolleyes:

Personally I'd say it Murphys Law (that being my name :D )

I have a second Comp running 98SE but the Mobo has a blown capacitor.

Time to look for Kevorkian.com I think.

Take care,

Thanks again.

EDIT - After using the unofficial method of Press Just about every damn key at the same time ... I got it working.

Bearing in mind that I'm sitting in a dark room (by the light of a Zippo) I found that its the Tab Key

:D

Go on admit - you're impressed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts