1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Metro apps uninstaled themselves

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by partridge79, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. partridge79

partridge79 Thread Starter

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4060 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 464580 MB, Free - 101712 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 018D1Y
    Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2015, Updated and Enabled

all my preinstalled metro apps uninstalled themselves one day I was just listening to music on the computer when I received a notification that my app "maps" had leftover files to be removed (registry entries and so forth) via Iobit uninstaller! the initial uninstall was not initiated by me at all! then every so often hours or days later I would receive the same popup (notification) about another app having "leftover files" I uninstalled Iobit thinking that was the culprit but to no avail. I've ran AVG full system scan hitman pro 3, malewarebytes, microsofts "malicious software removal tool" they all came up clean (other than the standard browser cookies) now I'm at the point where the only built in app that remains is "store" and I cannot even open it most of the time ( Immediately opens then minimizes) tried reinstalling them and get a 0x80070005 error on all attempts while 3rd party apps are hit or miss. I can download and install via browser with no issues at all. other than having to set a default browser and reassert permission for my programs to connect to the web after every reboot I've had no further problems but would like to be able to use the start screen and windows store. Also half the time I cant even acces "PC SETTINGS" via charm bar. same issue with opening then minimizing instantly. yet "SOMETIMES" it works

sorry for the long winded explanation but has anyone else encountered anything like this and how to fix PLEASE!!!

2. ll-dAb-ll

ll-dAb-ll

That's never happened to me. If you want them back, you should try reverting back to a restore point.

I think you're right, Iobit makes very dodgy products. Advanced System Care gave me a lot of adware, to the point where upon booting up, i would have 6 new Google Chrome extensions (advertisement ones), it also caused me some trouble with my printing.

Restore back to the point before you installed the uninstaller, or revert to when you had your metro apps, and then immediately uninstall iobit products.

3. vembutech

vembutech Banned

4. partridge79

partridge79 Thread Starter

So here goes, I restored to the earliest point available. turns out that whatever "it" is must have deleted my restore points. (I know I had them) ...regardless I restored, then proceeded to removed "Iobit Uninstaller" then ran my virus protection (AVG 2015 Full not Free) then ran Hitman Pro (newest available) then I went and ran "sfc /scannow"...found some problems said it could fix some of them after restart so I shutdown and go to work come home startup and I see 1. the administrator account is there as a option to log in which wasn't there before (obviously) and 2. there is a shortcut pinned to the taskbar for windows "store" which was never there AND it OPENS!! but apps still wont install. again desktop works like win 7 as long as I ignore the start button and start page but I want the win 8.1 pro I installed wtf!

5. ll-dAb-ll

ll-dAb-ll

If restore didn't work then I'm out of ideas. You should refresh or reset. I had a similar problem to you, and a complete wipe to factory default did it for me.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143796

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice