1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Metro Mail Contacts contain many duplicates !!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jackdashack, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackdashack

jackdashack Thread Starter

Just when I thought I had a good thing working today it's gone awry.

I have Windows 8 Home on a HP Pavilion desktop.

I have been using Mail from the Metro Page icon (new outlook.com)
    I use Gmail as my main add/change/delete contacts point.
    I use Hotmail online and migrate the contacts there.

Whatever I've done in Gmail reflects precisely in hotmail online, and then when it syncs the contacts that are accessed through the metro mail icon reflect what is present in hotmail oniline. It's been about 24 hours since this last worked right and now I'm wondering if each time I made changes in Gmail that I dis-associated the connection in hotmail online with Gmail just to make sure I got a good new take.

Anyway, now no matter if I delete all contacts in hotmail online and even gmail (after saving them in gmail csv format) there are these contacts hanging there in the metro (outlook.com) format and with many duplicates and they won't go away.

Would it be easier to just get another MS account and start fresh? Thanks for any help! Jack :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice