1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MFT & Defrag Forum

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by RAM-PAGE, Feb 15, 2005.

?

Should we have a Forum dedicated to MFTs and Defrag questions?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2005.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. HELL YES!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. HELL NO!!!

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned Thread Starter

How about opening an MFT & Defrag forum for hardened tweakers. :)

2. RAM-PAGE

Phooey. :D

3. RAM-PAGE

No, I prefer train spotting.

4. RAM-PAGE

Maybe knitting baby socks would be a more honest occupation??? :D

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Ram-Page, I am going to pass on the vote thanks. I think this has been beaten around enough around here for the last 4-5 days and actually it is getting tiring to say the least.

I don't think there is going to be a separate forum to discuss the master file system or defragging hard drives. There are IMO enough forums open here to cover just about anything. For example the MFT and defrag for winXP would go in the XP forum and be more than covered.

You are to the verge of arguing, and maybe past the verge and into an argument with 2 very senior members on this forum over this very topic. I do believe it would be wise to just let it go.

I respect your opinion and use DK9 myself but this is getting rediculous. Just let this go. Please?

6. kath100

kath100

Well said Skivvywaver (y)
    I was hoping to learn something from those threads but I didnt.
    :confused:

7. cheese

cheese

Hrm...I dont reall think this is neccesary. I like it how it is - but what ever happend to the forum idea for selling and buying things? I would be interested..

8. RAM-PAGE

Hello Skivvy, I'll bet it is really nice in Maryland.

I doubt if there is anyone more senior than me. I am an old timer too you know.

This is a joke poll. The only way to assess Frag-Shield is to try it out yourself. It certainly improved the running of my computer, but as you see it has an older, and slower, computer, a bit like myself.

I have unsubscribed several times, but these two like to bully, which shows them up for what they are.

Now if I were a female, I wonder how they would react?

With gentlemanly politeness?

9. RAM-PAGE

Hello Kath, As I wrote to Skivvy, the only way you would learn something is to try it out for yourself.

Apparently some folk don't like RAM manufacturers and software producers, so what they are doing on a computer forum, God only knows.

"I was hoping to learn something from those threads but I didnt."

Well, sorry to say, that is the nett result. The under-educated don't like other people to be more educated than themselves, so they determine to spoil things for people.

My apologies for the havoc caused by the saboteurs.

They are not really interested in you, they prefer to show off as to how clever they think they are.

10. RAM-PAGE

Maybe I could change my logon from RAM-PAGE to FRAG-SHIELD?

How would that go? LESS Frag = MORE Speed = LESS Ram, MORE or LESS (?)

Just a thought.

Probably need another layer of tin-foil. ;)

Have a nice day all of you. :)

11. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow

I have to agree with both Skivvywaver and Cheese. Many of us, including myself, have suggested opening more forums. It is clear that the general consesus is NO. I agree with TechGuys judgement and leave it at that.

There is no reason to get mad or beligerent over this. You made a suggestion and it was rejected. Let it go.

12. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Seems silly to do that.

All that is being requested is some data to backup the claim that just padding the MFT by itself has increased performance. This is not also doing any kind of other defrag or other maintenance. Just padding the MFT.

The answer keeps getting avoided and opening another forum doesn't seem like the solution.

Until then it just seems like an advertisement for a particular product.

13. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

I would think most people by now realize that there are many things you can do to increase the peformance of a computer. Defragmenting helps, but in comparison, is generally the least of what you can do to increase the performance of a computer.

1. Get enough memory to adequately run the programs you need. This would vary from OS to OS and depend on each user's needs.

2. Get a faster spinning hard drive. The faster it spins the faster you can access the data on it.

3. Get a faster processor.

4. Go a general file cleanup, especially the user's TEMP directory

5. Remove spyware. In the past several years, this has increasing been the cause of reduced computer performance.

Other than spyware which is constantly being introduced, hopefully we don't need a separate forum on the rest to point out the obvious. Certainly wouldn't want to see one on a particular vendor's application (and then use that vendor's graphs to prove how good it is).

14. RAM-PAGE

You don't seem to realise that it is purely intended as a joke. J-O-K-E

We are not here to advertise ourselves either.

15. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow

If this is a joke then you are misusing the suggestion forums anyway. This forum is for site comments and suggestions, not mocking those you dont agree with

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331040

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice