1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MGRS.exe Malware

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by thesmallwonder, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesmallwonder

thesmallwonder It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

My computer began to run slow and also I started to get IE pop-ups for supposed "antivirus" software. Since then I installed Hijack This, as well as AVG Anti-Spyware since my Symantec virus scanner didn't seem to be doing the job. I looked at my processes and saw MGRS.exe and googled it since I didn't know what it was. low and behold, results came up with it being malware. However AVG and Symantec doesn't acknowledge it, any attempts to remove the program have failed, even when done in safe mode. I've tried registry fixes, scanning, the fix this button in hijack this and no luck. Also the "analyze this, and log button does not work in my hijack this, the program crashes when I try.

I can provide screen shots of the Hijack this report as well as the analysis from Deckards System Scanner. Please reply and tell me to PM them to you!

I looked through the prior threads for a way to solve this problem without posting (hence why I downloaded DSS) but could not find a solution to fit my situation.

Thankyou for the help!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646994

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice