1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mic/Audio Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bsballa09, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bsballa09

Bsballa09 Thread Starter

About a week or so ago, my microphone started buzzing terribly and nobody could hear anything that I was saying. I tried reinstalling the software and a few other things, and all it did was remove any input I had.

I just played around with the 'Test Hardware', and it finally started picking up my microphone. I tried it out, and sure enough my microphone is now working perfectly fine. However, ever since I did this I have absolutely no audio. How do I fix this?

Here's my soundcard if it'll be of any help.
    http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=207&product=17510

2. nate93

nate93

Eh.. not to be a downer but the (older) sound-blaster burn out.. or thats what I've herd. Make sure its plugged in the slot all nice and snug, make sure the drivers are installed. If none of that works, check if its booting up (the card its self). Go into Start>Right click on my computer>properties>hardware>manager>Find the card and look up the info on it, if it has a ! in a yellow circle, that means there is a problem. you can check up on the problem in the menu

3. Bsballa09

Bsballa09 Thread Starter

My sound card isn't even appearing on the list.

[​IMG]

4. Bsballa09

Bsballa09 Thread Starter

Would removing the sound card's software and then perhaps reinstalling it help at all?

5. nate93

nate93

oh wow, thats a problem... check out the drivers.. but for now just use the integrated audio port =/

6. Bsballa09

Bsballa09 Thread Starter

I reinstalled the software and the audio (except for my iTunes for some reason) was working, but the mic wasn't. I then did the Test Hardware again, and my mic was working, but my audio wasn't.

And after I reinstalled the software, my computer started picking up the sound card in the hardware section.

7. Bsballa09

Bsballa09 Thread Starter

Is there anything I can do?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice