Mic/Audio Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bsballa09

About a week or so ago, my microphone started buzzing terribly and nobody could hear anything that I was saying. I tried reinstalling the software and a few other things, and all it did was remove any input I had.

I just played around with the 'Test Hardware', and it finally started picking up my microphone. I tried it out, and sure enough my microphone is now working perfectly fine. However, ever since I did this I have absolutely no audio. How do I fix this?

Here's my soundcard if it'll be of any help.
http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=207&product=17510

Eh.. not to be a downer but the (older) sound-blaster burn out.. or thats what I've herd. Make sure its plugged in the slot all nice and snug, make sure the drivers are installed. If none of that works, check if its booting up (the card its self). Go into Start>Right click on my computer>properties>hardware>manager>Find the card and look up the info on it, if it has a ! in a yellow circle, that means there is a problem. you can check up on the problem in the menu

Bsballa09

Would removing the sound card's software and then perhaps reinstalling it help at all?

oh wow, thats a problem... check out the drivers.. but for now just use the integrated audio port =/

Bsballa09

I reinstalled the software and the audio (except for my iTunes for some reason) was working, but the mic wasn't. I then did the Test Hardware again, and my mic was working, but my audio wasn't.

And after I reinstalled the software, my computer started picking up the sound card in the hardware section.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online