Mic doesn't work

lalisa

When I plug in my headset there is a pop up dialogue from srs premium sound, it make me choose between 3 options "Line-In" "Mic-In" and "Headphone". When I click "Line-In" and "Mic-In", the speaker from my headset doesn't work, the sound came out in the cpu speaker only, the Mic don't work also. (*note: the mic in the headset works perfectly when I try it in on cp) When I click the 3rd option "Headphone" only the speaker from my headset works, the mic doesn't work at all. I already tried everything I can, but it won't work. I also should add that I have an external camera that has a built-in mic on it, the mic on the cam is the only thing works, even though I disable the mic on the cam, the mic on my headset still doesn't work.

cpu: HP Compaq Elite 8300- Core i5-3470
cam: Logitech C270 HD webcam
headset: Uniso UTW-260

*I am using windows 10 btw

PLEASE HELP MEEEE, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

When I plug in my headset there is a pop up dialogue from srs premium sound, it make me choose between 3 options "Line-In" "Mic-In" and "Headphone". When I click "Line-In" and "Mic-In", the speaker from my headset doesn't work, the sound came out in the cpu speaker only, the Mic don't work also. (*note: the mic in the headset works perfectly when I try it in on cp) When I click the 3rd option "Headphone" only the speaker from my headset works, the mic doesn't work at all. I already tried everything I can, but it won't work. I also should add that I have an external camera that has a built-in mic on it, the mic on the cam is the only thing works, even though I disable the mic on the cam, the mic on my headset still doesn't work.

cpu: HP Compaq Elite 8300- Core i5-3470
cam: Logitech C270 HD webcam
headset: Uniso UTW-260

*I am using windows 10 btw

PLEASE HELP MEEEE, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Hi ,
Have you looked at mic settings etc ? hate to ask obvious but so many peeps forget the basic checks lol . Check the "listen" box and hit apply to hear your mic through your speakers . Make sure its working and the mic is set as default recording device . That done check you have correct speakers / headset as playback device . Let me know how it goes .

lalisa

Hi ,
Have you looked at mic settings etc ? hate to ask obvious but so many peeps forget the basic checks lol . Check the "listen" box and hit apply to hear your mic through your speakers . Make sure its working and the mic is set as default recording device . That done check you have correct speakers / headset as playback device . Let me know how it goes .
Yes, I've already done it, and it's still not working😢 I also set it as default but it doesn't still work. I even disabled the built-in mic that my camera has, it just won't work. I also checked if it's not muted and maximize the volume but still the mic doesn't work. I don't know what else to do. Thank you for the reply btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online