Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Mic in at front panel" not picking up audio

Solved 
1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
I recently bought a Fatal1ty headset that comes with a detachable microphone. It seemed to be working a few days a go but after the latest Windows 10 update, it no longer picks up any audio. I've tried some basic fixes (uninstalling/reinstalling the Mic at front panel, disabling every other mic,), but it still doesn't pick up anything. I also tried recording what little audio it seemed to be generating and it was just some constant fuzz. Anybody know how to get this dumb microphone working?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 78 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 16222 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1879525 MB, Free - 913230 MB; D: Total - 26915 MB, Free - 3085 MB;
Motherboard: HP, 80A5
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

#4 ·
No, that sort of thing happens to all of us at one point or another.

Tonight I switched on my Windows 2000 computer to search for a file. It is on a KVM switch. It booted up and I had no mouse. I hit the key to switch back to the Win 7 computer and the mouse cursor was there. I switched back to 2K, no mouse. I did this 3 or 4 times until I finally go the idea to look at the back of the computer. DUH. I didn't have the mouse cord plugged in. I was trying other mice about 2 weeks ago and never plugged the cord from the KVM switch back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.